Monday, August 10, 2009

Welcome....

....TO THE FAMILY!!!!!!


Oh, I'm so excited to have this little guy in our family now! I had been eyeballing it for over a month, when Kevin decided to surprise me with it. Well, actually the UPS man surprised me with it, but you know what I mean.

We actually took it for a test-swim the other day. It was so UNnatural to walk into the water with it, but once I got over my fear I was SO happy with the results. It takes great pictures and FABULOUS video. The video is in HD, which makes it a little hard to convert and share with the rest of the world. Apparently, our 1 year old laptop is not equipped with the newest software. Talk about frustrating. ARGH! I was able to convert the video to AVI file, but I lost so much of the rich HD quality. As I'm sure you'll see below.


And, here are some pictures I took with the camera. I wish I had more to share, but it was a bit chilly that day and Dakota wasn't her usual happy self in the pool. Oh well....


As you can see, the quality is so much better than a disposable underwater camera. No brainer!! I love the fact that they're so much more crisp and in-focus. I think I'll be getting my money out of this camera since we have a total water baby on our hands. I can't wait to use this in HAWAII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Nichole said...

What a pro! I think that daddy needs to buy a certain somebody a built-in pool for their birthday!

Anonymous said...

Great video and pics! I love that she's such a little fish. Congrats on the camera!

Bradshaw's Buzz said...

LOL I agree with Nichole - you need a backyard first! ;)
I'm so impressed she has her eyes open too! WOW! I can't wait to see what she'll do next, NEXT year!!