Friday, November 13, 2009

Bye-Bye Binky...

Photobucket

Yep, Dakota is officially off the pacifier!! I have to say, it went a lot smoother than I thought it would. Thank goodness. I'm not sure if I just got lucky with the whole weaning process, or if she just wasn't as attached to it as some kids are at her age. Whatever the case may be, Dakota didn't shed any tears and only asked for it one night.

On the night we decided to follow through with the last step of her intervention, we neutured (cut the nubby part off) one of the pacificers and gave it to her. She was a bit confused and went into a frenzy trying to find the suction from her beloved binky. She finally gave up and handed it back to us. We shut off the lights, closed the door and waited for the meltdown to commence, but it never happened. She whined a little bit on that night, then chattered up a storm for 20+ minutes, but eventually fell asleep with no problems. We're on day (night) FIVE and she has been just fine without it. This mommy is jumping for joy!!

I'm definitely very fortunate to have had a lot of weaning success, first with the bottle and now with the pacifiers! Dakota, YOU ROCK!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY, Dakota!!!!! That is so great! Leslei has now kick the habit too! Couldn't be happier for both our girls!!!

Bradshaw's Buzz said...

great job Dakota! Great job Momma and Kevin for following through

Summer said...

now if only I could find a way to do that with thumbs. We have not had a single child who would take a bink but I have two disgusting drool claws that desperately need to wean. Congrats!!

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said...

Thanks ladies!! Summer, you had me in tears after I read drool claws. Even though those can be hard to wean, since you can't take 'em away, I have a feeling you'll have her off of them in no time. Assuming it's lil bit. I remember sucking my thumb as a kid. My dentist threatened to put some contraption in my mouth that would stab my finger if I put it in my mouth. That was enough to kick the habit. LOL