Friday, January 29, 2010

Under Construction...

Ok, well here they are. Here are the "before" pictures of our itty-bitty backyard.

Photobucket

It might not be all that big, but I know Dakota will still have a blast back there. We don't need much, especially since we find a lot of fun outside of the home. But, it'll certainly be nice for Dakota to have a little play area when we're having one of those nice relaxing days at home, or a place to hang out when we're BBQing. =)

Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket

We're still waiting on the weather to cooperate, but hopefully it will be done within the next few weeks. As long as it's done by Springtime, I'll be happy!

I'm also SUPER excited with how the playhouse turned out. I know I said it was in great shape, but after spending about 4 hours scrubbing it down this past weekend, it looks brand new!! I was also able to order some parts that were missing and/or in major need of replacing. When we bought it from the previous "owners," we discovered the skylight cover was missing. I was bummed when I found that out, but luckily Step2.com has them available for replacement since they still sell that model of playhouse. And would you believe the skylight was only $4. FOUR DOLLARS!!!! Omigosh, I wanted to order 10. I don't know why, but I just felt like I should. LOL I'll probably order one more, just in case something happens with the one we have. I also ordered new stickers, since the ones it came with were either missing or nasty! How much were those you ask? $1.25!!!! It felt great to not only find replacement parts, but to find replacement parts at a reasonable price! Anyway, here are some pictures....

A much cleaner playhouse & new skylight cover...
Photobucket Photobucket
The NEW stickers. Doesn't it look great?!?!
Photobucket Photobucket

I can't wait to take pictures of Dakota enjoying the playhouse once it's fully assembled. She tries so hard to get in there and play around, but we try our best to keep her away so that it's even more special once it's all put together! We'll definitely be having a "house warming party" once we have it up. I know two little boys that she's gonna love having over to play =)

6 comments:

LesleisMommy said...

that is awesome!!! I love that you find such great deals!!! Dakota is so very lucky to have you as her mommy!!!

The Kuhns said...

I agree your an awesome mommy! I hope she loves it we are still on the search for one lol

Bradshaw's Buzz said...

I'll add as well: You are an awesome mommy!!!

I wish I knew we could order stickers for Austin's playhouse - but of course it was over 10 years old so maybe they weren't available? :-/

Heather said...

You three are so sweet! I don't know what to say. But I hope all of you know I think the same of you! I really really do. You're are amazing mommies, and I am so blessed to have you as friends in my life!! =)
Tanya, is his playhouse little tikes or Step2? They might still have them. You can look on their websites to see if they still have it, or at least something similar so you can order the stickers for that house and just put them on his. Obviuosly, the things that require stickers would have to be similar to the things in his playhouse. Doesn't hurt to try ;)

Bradshaw's Buzz said...

I'll have to check it out. Honestly, the thought to do that never occurred to me.

Me: bad mommy (no creative bone)
You: Great Mommy (muy creative!)

Heather said...

Thanks for the compliment ;)
I never would have thought of it either, but I was on their website one day and I saw a link for "ordering replacement parts." Anyway, even if it's not exactly what you're looking for, but similar, it's only like $1.50 for the stickers. I already looked on there for you and saw a similar Littl Tikes playhouse that has the same clock as Austins. ;)