Thursday, March 19, 2009

First Official Post!

I've had this blog for awhile, but never got around to actually posting anything. So, where do I start?
Well, I guess the most exciting news that we really ever have is about Dakota, so I'll start there. She's 13 months now and is walking, practically running all over the place. The girl has so much energy it amazes me!! I get exhausted just watching her. Dakota's favorite thing to do is go to the park, which is a great way to burn off some of that energy! I try and take her at least 3 to 4 times a week, especially now that the weather is so nice. The girl screams once the playground is in sight. It's hysterical. She loves to climb up the slides and be pushed on the swings. Here is one of my favorite pictures of Dakota at the park:



She's a total monkey! Speaking of monkey, take a look at this video of Dakota at Gymboree. Yep, she learned how to do this all on her own. She makes me so proud!


I love Gymboree so much. Dakota has the best time there and has learned SO much. We don't have to worry about stairgates, since she learned how to climb up and turn herself backwards to go back down. She has met some friends there too, and possibly her future husband. He knows who he is! It's great for me too, because I've met some totally awesome moms who have helped me get through some crazy times with Dakota and her eating issues. So thank you moms!

Speaking of eating issues, most of you know that Dakota's 1 year checkup didn't go so well for us. The doctor was concerned that Dakota only weighed 19 lbs, despite the fact that I was the same weight at her age. I guess the doctor didn't care that heredity might be a huge contributing factor. But whatever. She also wasn't pleased to hear that Dakota was still on the bottle. Well, I'm proud to say that Dakota is now on the sippy cup. YAY, no more bottles!! She's also completely on table foods and is not one bit of the picky eater that I was as a baby. The girl will eat ANYTHING!! Which is great, because I take the time to prepare her healthy foods. No sweets for this girl. At least not yet. At this point, I think yogurt and sweet potatoes are her candy. Can you believe that she actually likes asparagus and spinach?!

Well, this post turned out to be all about Dakota, but let's be honest, that's what most of you really only care about anyways. Here are just a few of the most recent pictures, which were taken in Laughlin this past weekend:


1 comments:

Bradshaw's Buzz said...

I have had a blog for about 1 yr and STILL can't figure out how to do a video :-[ Lessons??? :D
I can't wait to see what more exciting things happen in your household.