Tuesday, March 24, 2009

In Good Company...

I told myself that I would post more than this, especially after finally getting around to posting my first entry. I was so ambitious! lol

About a week ago, we had Kevin's dad and stepmom stay with us, which was awesome. They are such fun people, and Dakota just loves her grandpa and grandma Kathy! They even watched Dakota for a few hours while I ran some errands. That was such a tremendous help to me.

The five of us helped Dakota's cousin, Madeline, celebrate her 1st birthday on March 21st. I was so happy to see Dakota enjoying the bounce house and having an overall good time, since she had a molar coming in and hadn't been in the greatest of moods. I can't believe she already has a molar!! Anyway, here's a picture of us enjoying the bounce house:

Aside from her moodiness, Dakota enjoyed all the attention Grandpa gave her. I'd say the mere fact that he would sit there for 30 minutes playing with her and him running all around the playground puts her in the spoiled rotten category. One things for sure, they love each other and I loved watching them.

I wish they lived closer, but at the same time, I really like that they live in Montana. It's a special treat for us to go visit them. They live right on the lake, and although there aren't any retail chains or big name restaurants just down the street from them, that's what makes it so great!! It's nice to get away from what we're used to, throw up our legs and just relax!! The three of us are planning on going up there for the 4th of July, which will be so much fun. The weather is going to be hot, which will make swimming in the lake our main source of entertainment. I know Dakota is going to love it. We can't keep that kid out of the water.

I forgot to mention in my last post that when we were in Laughlin we took Dakota into the pool because the weather was so nice. The girl was squealing in delight at the first sight of water. I was actually shocked, since it had been at least 6 months since she had been in a pool. Once in the water, she was flailing her arms and legs. She actually got mad at me a few times because she wanted to do what she wanted to do, without me holding on to her. Finally, I just let go, and down she went just like the Titanic. She had this look of disbelief, but she didn't cry and went right back to pushing away from me. I would also blow on her face and take her under water, which she took like a champ. Next, I stood her up on the deck while I was still in the water, and amazingly, she leaped towards me and plopped right back in the water. I was in shock. I used to teach water safe classes and most kids refuse to jump in that young or they just stand there in cry. My little girl is gonna be a swimmer! YAY! For those of you who don't know, I'm partial to swimming because I used to swim competitively. Plus, it's a sport that teaches you something that you will use for the rest of your life. Here are some pictures of Dakota with her daddy, enjoying the spa. I wish I had some pictures of Dakota in the pool with me, but of course asking Kevin to take pictures is out of the question. At least most of the time.




My dad told me that I learned to swim in the jacuzzi my parents had at their house in San Diego. I know he can't wait for us to come out to Vegas this summer to enjoy his pool and jacuzzi. Dakota is going to be a total water baby. Speaking of my dad, he's living the good life on a three month world cruise. I miss him so much!! I've had to sacrifice our daily phone chats for emails, and of course he's had to sacrifice seeing his granddaughter. I know he misses her, but I'm constantly sending him photos and videos, so he's not missing too much. Here is one, okay two, of my favorite pictures of the two of them together. She was 4 months old here:


Well, I suppose I should wrap this up, but before I do, here are a few videos of our smart little monkey. What blog post is complete without a video, lol!

Dakota says "Daaaaaad"

Dakota at the park:

1 comments:

Bradshaw's Buzz said...

OMG I can't believe she made it up that slide - impressive!