Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Picture Perfect...

...at least in mommy's eyes.

Before I load this post up with a bazillion pictures, I have to tell you about my most recent shopping spree. I decided to go out and buy some summer pajamas for Dakota since the weather has been so incredibly hot lately. I know, how exciting, huh? Wait, it gets better! I realized that all she has in her pajama drawer are flannels and footed sleepers. When the temperatures started rising about a week ago, I had to put her in shorts & a T-shirt. Anyway, while I was out shopping for her summer sleepwear, I stumbled across the coolest, most awesomest set of pajamas Dakota has ever layed her little eyeballs on. Oh yea, she was going crazy:



She also got a nifty T-Shirt at the OC Swapmeet last weekend. Daddy's certainly a fan! I'm actually kicking myself in the butt for not buying the black one instead. This is gonna have stains all over it in no time:


Dakota is also the proud new owner of a water table. Kev and I found it at Costco and knew if any kid would enjoy a toy like this, it would be Miss Dakota. Of course, it was a huge hit!



I have to admit, the makers of Step2 are genius! Not only is this toy hours of fun, but it comes with a subliminal message. Yes, I firmly believe those plastic dishes that come packed in every box are giving subtle cues that washing dishes is FUN!!! I know Dakota sure seemed to have a lot of fun doing so. Maybe I should start throwing our dishes in there. lol!


Dakota is also sittin' pretty in her big girl chair! I bought this after a friend and I went to lunch a few weeks ago and saw her son sitting in one. He's only a few weeks older than Dakota and figured it was time to make the switch. She loves it, and I have seen a remarkable improvement in her attitude towards mealtime now that she sits like a big girl...


Dakota has also taken it upon herself to eat with a fork, and although mealtime is a totally disastrous event, she has really grasped the whole self-feed concept. It was just a few weeks ago that she demanded holding a fork and/or spoon. So we armed her with one of each and before we knew it she was stabbing at her food. Not long after that, she was doing this...


I also have to mention that I'm the proud mommy of an OCD toddler. Oh yes, this child is obsessive beyond words. Her biggest obsession is with doors. In Dakota's world, all doors should be closed and if they're not, she'll do anything and everything in her power to shut them. This includes car doors, front doors, bedroom doors and cabinets. If you don't believe me, check Dakota and her obsessiveness out:


I suppose this is better than her opening the doors and getting into anything she can get her grubby little hands on. I know, it's just a matter of time. Rest assured, we DO have locks on all the cabinets and drawers. Oh, and that was her favorite smoothie that she was drinking. Only the best for that kid....Green Machine by Naked Juice. Mmmm!!

Dakota wanted to say "Bye-Bye"

2 comments:

Bradshaw's Buzz said...

I can't get over how TALL she looks! Austin's OCD with doors too (just like his momma :D ) but I certainly appreciate a helper :-) We've tried the fork/spoon thing a couple of times and he'll either pick the food OFF of the spoon OR chew on the handle. hahaha

Heather said...

LOL Tanya!! Dakota still likes to pull the food off the fork sometimes. She usually likes a fork in both hands since she still hasn't decided which hand she wants to be.