Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!!

"A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path."

I think having an amazing little girl who calls me mommy is what makes this day extra special. I woke up to a super cool picture that Dakota colored for me, as well as two really special Mother's Day cards...


Kevin also bought me a new car battery, which I thought was the sweetest thing ever! Call me lame, but I just love pratical gifts. I told him not to buy me anything like flowers or candy. I just find them to be a huge waste of money. Although, I think it's sweet when he surprises me with a small bouquet of flowers. Kev also told me that he'll be taking me on a mini-vaction of my choice over Memorial Day weekend. I'm still not sure where I want to go. I'm thinking Laughlin, San Diego or Palm Springs. I'm so excited!

I even got a visit from my dad today. It has been 3 1/2 long months since we've seen him, so it was great to have Dakota see her Grandpa again. She warmed up to him in no time. She even got some really cool handmade finger-puppets that he bought from some children in Peru, as well as handmade bracelets that he picked up in Cambodia. I think she's gonna love the bracelets. It will be nice for mommy to get her hairbands back...lol. Hopefully the two of us will make a trip out to Las Vegas within the next few weeks to visit him.

Later on, both of Dakota's grandmas, as well as her great-granny came over for my tacos. Yep, I strapped on my apron and cooked everyone a meal on Mother's Day. I had to show appreciation to the other important mothers in our lives! Dakota loved the visit and all the attention...


Dakota even colored her great-granny a picture. It was a special day and I loved sharing it with three other wonderful mothers!!

Oh, and Dakota had reason to celebrate Mother's Day too, since she's a new mommy to little London. It didn't take long for her mothering instincts to kick in...


Dakota feeding her baby...

0 comments: