Thursday, June 11, 2009

A day at the lake...

It seems like just yesterday that we took Dakota to our local lake to see the ducks for the very first time. This is the same lake that I remember going to as a kid, as it was only a 1/2 mile from the house I grew up in. I can't believe how tiny she was in these pictures. She was only 3 months old...



I miss my little fuzz head, and of course, affixing those itty-bitty bows to her noggin with Karo Syrup...hehe!



Anyway, since the weather has been so nice lately I decided to take Dakota to the lake to feed and chase after the duckies. We geared up and set off for the 5 mile roundtrip trek. Once there, I gave her some bread, but for some reason she felt they deserved some of her strawberry-banana puffs. LOL. After depleting her puff supply, she threw them some bread and giggled every time they got close.



After the ducks gobbled up all the bread, it was time to unleash the beast. I took Dakota out of her stroller and she took off towards her feathered friends. I don't think they were too thrilled with me. If I spoke duck, I'm sure those quacks were teeming with profanity!

2 comments:

Nichole said...

I love the before and after pictures! And I might just have to try your trick with bows... only on a 16 month old bald little girl!
<3 the pictures!

Lisa Renz Leeb said...

LOL! I love the "unleash the beast" comment!! LOL!