Saturday, June 13, 2009

Little Fishie....


I was finally able to take some pictures and video of Dakota during her swim lesson today!! As I mentioned in a prior post, I couldn't be anywhere in sight at her previous lessons because if I was spotted, Dakota would point, scream and cry for me. Today, she made a major break through and didn't cry once during her lesson. I was SO happy and so very proud!

I have to admit that I had become a bit discouraged after watching her first four lessons. I would stand on the other side of the fence with tears in my eyes as my baby girl screamed and cried during her 20 minute lessons. I started to doubt my decision to put her in the watersafe classes, because I felt like I was turning something she loved into something she despised. Afterall, she was all smiles and giggles when me and daddy took her swimming. I was reassured by instructors and other parents that it was only temporary. However, I couldn't help but think, "but what if my child is different?" They were obviously right because here is what I got from today's lesson!!!

First, they worked on kicking...


Second, they worked on holding their breath...



Third, they worked on jumping and reaching...


Fourth, they worked on back floating...



Lastly, they worked on having FUN!!!!

2 comments:

Lisa Renz Leeb said...

Now that is just fantastic!! You should be so proud of her, I think all of that is amazing!! When Ava is bigger, we def want her in lessons ,too. Just with all of her sensory issues I think we have to wait a while longer. :0( But go Dakota!! Where does she go? The Y?

Jamie said...

Amazing! Looks like she's going to follow in her mommy's footsteps!