Monday, July 20, 2009

HOT, HOT, HOT.....

Ok, it has been RIDICULOUSLY hot this past week. I can't tell you how much I wish we had a pool. Although, it's nice not to have the stress and worry that often comes with having one. Even though we don't have our own oasis to frolic in, we have other simple and cheap ways of cooling off...


Dakota just keeps adding to the list of the things she loves. Her most recent addition, Otterpops!!! And what better way to cool off than sucking down 5 or 6 of them in less than two hours...lol. Good thing they're not packed with sugar and fat. Her favorite?? Louie-Bloo Raspberry and Strawberry Short Kook...lol

And, if having an Otterpop doesn't make you instantly cool, just add shades...

I confess, this is NOT what Dakota's play sink is intended for, but I thought it was cute when I watched her climb into it without any effort. She sat in that sink for 45 minutes and didn't budge once. She was content giving the motor a total workout after turning it on-and-off a thousand times.


After letting that little lapse in parental judgement happen, I started to worry the can of worms I potentially opened. I realized I had just let my daughter know that it was okay to do something that isn't okay to do. Well, lucky for me, Miss Evil Knievel hasn't shown much interest in repeating her little climbing stunt again. Maybe she just wanted to see what it was like to bathe in a sink again...


These next photos were taken just the other day. It was a pretty uneventful day for us, since we just hung out at home. Can you believe it, no plans? I do have to say, we were both happy to stay home for once. I think Dakota enjoyed it too. We hung out on our porch for several hours as Dakota ran all over the driveway and cooled off with the hose water. Ya, I was too lazy to get out her swim diaper and bathing suit...lol...


We all know how much Dakota loves blackberries. Unfortunately, they're getting harder and harder to find, which also means that when we do find them, they're outrageously priced. Thankfully, I've found a great alternative to those mouth-watering berries....PLUMS!! If you have any trace of Hampton blood in you, then you have a predisposition to being overly obsessed with them. It's just in our genes to love 'em! I think my brother has the worst case, and can probably consume 10+ in one day.

Well, the other day, I pulled one out of the fridge so we could share, but Dakota just wasn't havin' it. She snatched that plum right outta my hands and had it in her mouth before I had any say so. I certainly can't complain; I'm just thankful she loves fruit so much, and it's a great way to cool down during those hot summer days!! Anyway, here's our little plum lover...

2 comments:

Leslei's Mommy said...

These are just too cute! I love Dakota in the sink...so funny!!

Bradshaw's Buzz said...

OMG Austin <3's Plums and Nectraines so much! It's his "crack" LOL.
Love the sinks pics also.