Thursday, July 16, 2009

It's that time of year again...


That's right, the OC Fair is here (aka, mommy's all-time favorite annual outing)!! What's not to like about the fair? There's TONS of BBQ'd food, scary but thrilling rides, fun games with the crazy carnies (lol), pretty bright lights, cool craft booths, and of course fried e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g!! Yep, mommy and daddy gorged. Dakota stuck her nose up to most everything, except the $1 plum I found at a fruit stand. I totally got ripped off. Apparently they target the healthy kids that hate fried food. HAHA! She did have a few licks of cotton candy. Weirdo!

Anyway, I think this was the best time we've ever had at the fair. Daddy is never eager to go, but does anyway because Mommy literally drags him to it every year. He actually confessed that he had a great time though. I think what made it so much more enjoyable was that Dakota had an awesome time. And, she actually knew what was going on. Last year was a bit of a disaster. Dakota was only 6 months old, and it was hot!!!! She freaked out in the petting zoo, and just didn't seem to have a good time. Looking back, what the heck was I thinking?!

Well, this year was A LOT better. We started off at the petting zoo and had lots of fun. Dakota loved petting the animals and was so gentle!


And, I think she loves Llamas as much as mommy does...

After the petting zoo, we walked through BBQ row and grubbed on some tri-tip sandwiches, hot dogs, and crepes. Then it was off to the pony rides. This was Dakota's first time riding it on her own without any assistance or direct supervision. Such a big girl!! I need to stop these pony rides soon, or she'll be begging me for one before I know it.



If the pony ride wasn't enough, we found a giant elephant!! This is the coolest thing I have ever done at the fair. It was amazing to see one up close, and even more amazing to be sitting up so high and feel all that power underneathe us. It gave me a whole lot of respect for them, that's for sure!



After our elephant ride, we cruised up and down the craft aisles where mommy found a face painting booth. I thought it might be fun to get Dakota's face painted, even if it turned out to be a huge disaster. Why not give it a shot, right?

She did great, and held very still...

She liked looking at her kitty-cat face in the mirror

Of course, we couldn't pass up the rides!! Yes, they're a bit suspect, but that just adds to the thrill...lol. Dakota always seems to have more fun on the rides with Daddy, but that's okay. I think I scored some brownie points when I stuffed myself into the helicopter. Ok, probably not, but at least I made some people laugh.

Can you tell they had a blast?!

Dumbo's Cousin Ride...

Yes, I squeezed my retarded butt in there...

A video of us going down the super slide...

We even played the carnie games. You're not livin' it up if you don't succumb to playing those outrageously priced, impossible games. We ended up just playing the fish game, since it was pretty much the only game Dakota could play, and the only one they guaranteed a win. Well, Daddy and Dakota were quite the team because they got one in!!

Daddy showing Dakota how to throw the ball into a fishbowl...

So proud of her win!!

Oh, how she LOVES this fish (aka, Dorothy)

What a great night we had!! As we headed for the exit, we couldn't help but stop for one last snack...cotton candy, fried oreos and moonpie. Haha.

Going for the good stuff!!
And, no, the fried oreos weren't for Dakota. She was holding them for mama! lol

Cotton Candy = SUGAR HIGH
Even if we did only give her a few licks...

One of my favorite shots of the night. So happy!

2 comments:

Leslei's Mommy said...

I love it. You and your family always find the best things to do. And Dakota is so lucky to have a mommy that squeezes into little helicopters for her..lol! She is just so darn cute. Thank you for letting us check out what you guys are up. It's great!!!

Bradshaw's Buzz said...

I agree with Leslie's comment about how lucky Dakota is. :-)

Yummm. Fried oreos. Our fair isn't until Oct but I remember when Scott and his mom forced me to try one -- YUMMY!!!!