Monday, July 6, 2009

Montana...Day 3

One of the many simple pleasures of summer...

Well technically our 3rd day was 4th of July, but since we did so much that day, I thought I would break it down to two posts. I should mention that posting these blogs is not only for others "enjoyment," if you want to call it that, but it's also to keep a journal for us. I want to either put together a scrapbook of this trip, or some sort of picture book. So, this will definitely help me remember what we did while up here, especially since my memory isn't always the sharpest.

Anyway, after we got back from the 4th of July celebration in town, we came back home and crashed for about 2 hours. We were TIRED!!!! After our rejuvenating nap, we headed outside for some fun by the lake. We geared up with all the necessities...sunscreen, beach balls, lifejackets, water noodles, and of course popsicles!! Dakota's first taste of a popsicle was very eventful. She kept wanting to get a lick, but it just didn't seem like enough. I finally started biting off some chunks, which lead to disaster...brain freeze!!! She was not a happy camper. Daddy picked her up and took a few bites for himself, which made it the perfect size for her. She savored that banana popsicle for as long as she could....



After our little snack, Dakota and I headed off onto the lake in Grandpa's little electric paddle boat. She seemed to have a great time. Unfortunately, the electric motor went dead while I was 1/2 way through our little cruise, so I was forced to paddle the boat back to the dock with my legs. What a work out!!! Dakota, of course, was laughing the entire time as she sat on my lap. She must have thought it was some sort of ride as my legs went up and down underneathe her. Silly girl!!


Daddy going out for a swim while we're out on the boat...

As I got closer to the dock, daddy held out his arms to see if she wanted in the lake. Of course that was a definite YES!! So down she went into the lake and let out a few squeals to let us know how happy she was. They stayed out there for about 20 minutes. Dakota was kicking like crazy and just all smiles.


We eventually made our way back up the house to get ready for dinner. We were in for a tasty treat, as Grandma was preparing shrimp and scallop kabobs for din-din. Lucky us!!

Here we are relaxin' Montana style as we wait for dinner

The Yummy Feast...

Later that evening, we set off some fireworks for Dakota's enjoyment. Like I mentioned in a prior post, it doesn't get dark until about 11pm, which is waaaaay past her bedtime. Anyway, she did much better with the fireworks this year. We kept her far away, but she wasn't the least bit scared of the noise.



After she went to bed, we brought out the rest of the fireworks and watched the guys put on quite a show as they ran like little girls after lighting 'em off. It was definitely some good, cheap entertainment for the night!!

1 comments:

Nichole said...

Looks like you all are having quite the vacation! Love ALL the pictures. Looking at Kevin's shirt makes me want some In-N-Out... I miss the food :)