Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Best Friends...

Photobucket
One of my favorites pictures of these two. LOL!!!

Ok, I've been seriously slacking on posting a blog about our get togethers with my BFF, Elizabeth, and her family! So, this post might be a little long! We've actually been doing pretty good lately and have been following through with our plans to see each other. I'm so happy because it's so fun to watch our girls together. Katie is eight months now, which means more interaction between the two of them. I feel pretty bad for our girls because I swear it looks like a papparazzi frenzy when Liz and I break out our cameras. HA!

So anyway, a few weeks ago, Dakota and I decided to go over to Liz's house for a visit. It was a scorcher of a day, so swimming was definitely on the agenda. Of course, we let the girls play with each other for awhile before making our way outside. Dakota is all about hugs and kisses, and I think Katie is all about receiving. So cute!!


So after Liz and I chatted up a storm, and Dakota harrassed poor Katie to no end, we decided to get the girls in their suits and head outside. It was fun watching Katie enjoy the water. I think they've got themselves a little water baby too. I'm proud to say that I witnessed Katie's first underwater dunk. She did great and I didn't hear a peep out of her. She did have a look of confusion, but she wasn't the least bit unhappy. =)

We all know that I have a little fishie, but did you know they have one too?!?!
Photobucket

Dakota stealing some of Katie's toys...
Photobucket

About a week later, we made another appearance. They are so nice to let us come over to hang out. I know Dakota is appreciative. We didn't do too much different during this visit. Just lots of swimming and playing.

Taking the plunge...
Photobucket

Now that's love!!!!
Photobucket Photobucket

Auntie Liz is just so sweet with Dakota. I love them!!!
Photobucket Photobucket

Nothing makes my heart smile more than watching these two together!!!Photobucket Photobucket

So our third visit to the Quinn's house was extra special because Daddy got to go this time. Unfortunately, the other two times he was stuck at work. It was a great day to go swimming because we were still experiencing a miserable heat wave. Dakota got to show daddy that she could jump into the water from the diving board, since he had yet to witness it with his own eyes. He was one proud daddy!


More diving and swimming...
Photobucket Photobucket

A little water basketball...
Photobucket Photobucket


They were so happy to hang out after their swim, but boy were we all tired!

0 comments: