Friday, October 30, 2009

Hawaii, Day 4...

Photobucket

Day four started off at the Grand Wailea's breakfast buffet. We decided we wanted to try it at least once. I have to say, it was pretty darn good!! We also got an excellent spot overlooking the beautiful grounds and water fountains. We have been so lucky on this trip on where we are seated at restaurants. But, I have noticed that there isn't quite as many people vacationing in Maui this year. The kids are back in school (one of the main reasons why we go in October), and the economy stinks!! Lucky for us, we got a great deal through Costco, and we've been saving up since our last trip, back in 2005. LOL. Yep, we had a Maui fund going. We were actually suppose to go back in 2007, but I found out I was pregnant and wanted to save that time for my maternity leave. Anyway, enough of that!

After breakfast, we walked around the hotel a bit. It's such a large, beautiful hotel. It's a must to walk around and admire it all at some point during the trip. There is one spot that I absolutely love for photographs, which is located smack dab in the middle of the property. It's in front of this huge fountain and you can see all the palm trees and ocean just behind it. It's just perfect and I always love taking pictures there.

Photobucket

Our favorite spot...
Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

After all the picture taking, we headed back to our rooms to suit up for another day at the pool. There wasn't a cloud in the sky, so I knew it was gonna be a GREAT day. Dakota added another band to her collection of wristbands, which she thought was the greatest thing!! We actually found a shady spot under an umbrella on this morning. We were so happy, since we weren't willing to shell out more $$$ for a cabana. Unfortunately, we picked the one spot that was near a small construction site. I noticed the jackhammer come out, so I politely asked one of the workers how long they would be. They said it would only be a 1/2 hour, which was perfect, since we'd be out in the pool for awhile anyways. Some other people weren't so happy and pitched a huge fit. They ended up moving, but since we grinned and beared it they gave us free drinks. How cool is that?!

Photobucket Photobucket

Anyway, we had a great time in the pool once again!! Daddy wanted to do a little relaxing under the shade so I decided to take Dakota down the beach path to do some exploring. She loved walking along the sidewalk, through the sand, and all over the grass. I was actually shocked she walked on the sand by herself. I started to think she was actually tolerating it. We found some flowers along the way, which Dakota smelled and picked. We then came back and harrassed Daddy to go back in the pool.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Smelling and picking the flowers...
Photobucket Photobucket

Walking along the path...
Photobucket Photobucket

It got to be such a hot day, so I opted to buy some "zinka" for Dakota on top of all the other sunscreen I slapped on her baby skin. I'm proud to say that the girl has never burned, but I want to keep it that way. So, I rubbed some of the blue stuff on her nose, which for me was always the first thing to get scorched! It didn't stay on all that long, since Dakota is always rubbing her nose for some reason. Weirdo!

Photobucket Photobucket

Waving hi to daddy before heading down the slide...
Photobucket

After, lots and lots of swimming and runs down the waterslidse, we ordered lunch and got the usual (nachos and an ahi sandwich). What can I say, we're boring people! lol. I couldn't bring myself to buy a $13 hotdog though. I kept thinking of the $1.50 polish dogs at Costco, and that comes with a drink!!! Some how I thought $12 nachos were worth getting. Then again, we had a $500 resort credit that we needed to blow through during our stay, which was included in our travel package. At least we got more for our money with the nachos than we would have with a measly hotdog.

Photobucket Photobucket

And of course, mommy had to get her shaved ice. I found the perfect combo too...strawberry, banana, and blue vanilla. It was so good, and it looked cool too. I have to have a nice presentation when it comes to my food! HAHA, totally kidding!! I made the mistake of taking Dakota with me. Of course she walked over with me, but as soon as I got that shaved ice in my hand, she acted like her legs were broken. So there I was, walking back to our spot trying to keep my daughter, who is suddenly acting like I've starved her for weeks, from consuming the whole thing. And, of course I've never seen her use a spoon so well. LOL. I finally made it back to base and plopped my dramatic/starving child on the lounge chair so I could get some for myself.

Photobucket

The shave ice hog...

After our meal, we just hung out on our lounge chairs. Dakota eventually went down for a little nap, which made for some peace and quiet! After she woke up, we went in the pool one last time, then took a walk along the beach....Kevin's favorite (sarcasm)! We took a dip in the water too, since it was SO warm. It actually felt warmer than the pool. Too bad the ocean isn't fresh water! Of course, after we got back from the ocean, Dakota had to get all that yucky sand off her body. I swear she was obsesssed with the showers. She would play in it for hours if we would have let her.

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

She loved the showers!!
Photobucket Photobucket
After we spent the entire day at the pool, we headed back upstairs and got ready for dinner. Nothing too exciting this night. We decided to head to Outback for some BBQ ribs. We then headed back to the room and went, as Dakota calls it, "ni-ni."

And here's a video of Dakota going down the slide by herself.
This was probably her 15th run of the day...

2 comments:

Bradshaw's Buzz said...

I love the picture of Grandpa, Dakota and Kevin!! <3

Heather said...

LOL Tanya, I love it too! Kevin wasn't too thrilled I took it. Not sure how my dad felt. Whatever, it's not like they were holding each others hand. HAHAHA!