Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Dakota Fanning...

Photobucket

Yep, this is the girl we named Dakota after. Kevin and I have always loved this young actress and thought it would be a perfect name for a girl! We went back and forth with boys names, but always knew if we had a girl, it would be Dakota. Thankfully, she is not your typical Hollywood twit...yet. LOL. Something tells me she probably never will be, since she comes off as a pretty grounded kid. I suppose only time will tell. If and when that does happen, I'll just have to change my story to having a fondness towards North Dakota, hence the nickname Baby North. ;)

Anyway, there is no real point to this post. I just thought I would share how we came to name Dakota. I also thought it was cool that she stars in the New Moon movie, which we'll definitely have to see on one of our date nights!

Photobucket

If any of you have a story behind your little one's name, I would LOVE to hear it. Actually, my niece Clarissa who is now 17, was named after the show Clarissa Explains it All.

3 comments:

Bradshaw's Buzz said...

LOL Love the post! :-)

Scott and I have ALWAYS loved the name Austin and I am embarrassed to say we can't figure out when/where we thought of it. Somewhere back n our early dating years when you talk about "one day kids' names" and that was one we agreed on. LOL Kind of sad really. . .

Bradshaw's Buzz said...

oh by the way I <3 Dakota Keyworth & Dakota Fanning too!

Nichole said...

I have always wondered that about Baby North! LOL
Carly Nichole was picked out by daddy. I wanted to name her Jaelle Annise-but he wouldn't go for it. I am glad now!
Abigail was named because we liked how it flowed with her middle name- 'Elizabeth'. Elizabeth is both of our grandmothers name, on both of our fathers side.
Isabella Renee was named because of the spanish influence. I wanted just Isabelle, but again, he didn't go for it! Renee is the middle name of Tom's sister that passed away hours after birth.
:) You could say that their middle names are all family influenced!