Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Paint Day...

Photobucket

I try to do some sort of craft day once a week, since Dakota LOVES to color and paint. Obviously, craft day is a complete mess, but I love seeing the little picasso in her come out. I encourage it, so I don't mind the clean up.

The other day, I was busy cleaning the house for Thanksgiving. Ok, I'll be honest, the house was in desperate need of a cleaning and the impending holiday lit a fire under my butt! It had been neglected WAY too long. Anyway, I looked over at Dakota to find her sitting quietly, playing with her farm and barn animals. Something about the way she looked at that moment made me feel so bad for not giving her much attention that morning. So, I put down the windex and paper towels, and asked her if she wanted to go out to the garage to color. Boy, you should have heard that girl scream and scramble to her feet. I know she's an enthusiastic kid, but I have never seen her react the way she did that morning. It melted my heart!

So, out we went to the garage. I grabbed her desk from the play area and put it in the middle of the garage, knowing darn well how unbelievably messy this was gonna be. I got all the paint supplies out and let her have at it. The rest is history. The pictures tell their own story....

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket

3 comments:

Nichole said...

Love her artistic abilities! OMG Heather, her hair is getting so long!

Summer said...

So fun! I love when little kids paint. I can't believe you got her to stay seated! She looks like she's having a blast. Happy Thanksgiving

Bradshaw's Buzz said...

OMG how fun.. I think Austin would need to be committed if all that paint got on him ROFLMAO!!