Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas with the in-laws..

Photobucket

"The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other."

Kevin's dad and stepmom were in town from Montana, so we all decided to get together at our house for an early Christmas gathering. I know it meant a lot to Kevin's dad to have the three families all together for Christmas. It was such a perfect evening and I had the BEST time.

We kinda went round and round with what to do for dinner, but finally decided on a pot roast. I love a good roast, and it's perfect around this time of year. So, that morning I threw my concoction of meat, potatoes, onions, and various spices into the crockpot and let it do it's job. I didn't have much else to do, since the night before I was busy making sugar cookies, fudge, and english toffee, as well as spinach dip. So, all that was left to do was whip up some guacamole, and open some cans of corn. How easy is that?! Haha

My first time making Fudge...
Photobucket

English Toffee
Photobucket

Once everyone was over, we had a great time catching up while digging into the dips. I eventually made my way into the kitchen to prepare dinner. It took me all of 15 minutes to pull all the goodies out of the crock pot, warm up the corn, and make the gravy. I just looooove gravy made from the drippings too. I was very happy with how everything turned out!

So, we all gathered around the table and enjoyed the meal. Dakota and Alyssa sat at the kid's table and had their chicken nuggets. Although, Dakota was more interested in what Alyssa had on her plate than she did with her own, so she didn't end up eating much. What's new, right?

Told ya she insists on eating her chicken nuggets with a fork. LOLPhotobucket

After we all stuffed ourselves to the gills, we made our way into the living room and opened presents. It was a really fun evening and it was so nice to get everyone together to celebrate Christmas (a few days early), especially since it had been about four years. And I can't tell you how much I LOVE seeing the cousins together.

These three just make my heart melt!!!
Photobucket Photobucket


The boys spending time with their dad...
Photobucket

And this has to be my favorite picture of the night. LOL
Photobucket

2 comments:

Nichole said...

Love it!!! Yum, the fudge looks to die for! And I love the staircase =) =( wish I was there *she says pouting*

The Kuhns said...

Im so glad you all were able to get together and enjoy some family time, looks like you all had a great time together!