Friday, January 8, 2010

Vegas Trip...

Photobucket

Well, it was another successful trip to Vegas. Dakota has really formed a special bond with her Grandpa, and it melts my heart to watch them together. You can really see the love they have for each other in the pictures I take.

To give you an example of how much this girl loves her Grandpa, every morning at his house she would wake up in her pack n' play and scream "ga-pa." I'd pick her up out of it and she would run to the door, point at it, say his name over and over until I opened it for her, then run to find him.

Anyway, I won't go too much into everything we did during our visit, but we did have a great time visiting a playground with a super cool merry-go-round and maze, watching planes fly over, taking a boat ride in Grandpa's boat, visiting the strip with daddy (he came out a few days later), walking around the village, and just hanging out with good ole Grandpa!

Although, I should mention that we rang in the New Year at Grandpa's house. Dakota went down at about 9:30pm. The rest of us stayed up, since the village by my dad's house would be setting off fireworks. I didn't really expect too much, but I swear it was like we were at Disneyland. The fireworks display was incredible and it lasted at least 5 minutes. Dakota woke up completely petrified and was in hysterics by the time I ran downstairs to get her. She calmed down right away, so I took her back up to my dad's office to watch the rest of the show. She loved it and just sat there in my arms with her mouth wide open. =)

Grandpa let her drive the boat...
Photobucket

Enjoying the ride...
Photobucket

Grandpa's house
Photobucket

Took a few shots out in Grandpa's backyard. These are my favorite...
Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket

Dakota wanted so badly to jump into Grandpa's pool, even after feeling the cold water
So I let her skim the pool as a compromise...
Photobucket Photobucket

Lovin' the merry-go-round at a local playground...
Photobucket

She had the greatest time running through this maze for 15 minutes straight!
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Granpda had a blast watching her go down the slides...
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

My two loves!!
Photobucket

At the village. Dakota doing her kissy face. LOL
Photobucket Photobucket

Walking to the village.
Dakota though she'd be a real evil knieval and walk on the fairway. Rebel!
Photobucket Photobucket

We took a trip to the Adventuredome at Circus Circus.
What a DUMP!! lol
Photobucket

And when were doing a whole lotta nothing,
this is what these two did most of the time...
Photobucket

And here are a few videos taken on our trip...
The place along the Cajon Pass where I take Dakota to watch the trains.
Please excuse the lighter. I didn't realize she picked that nasty thing up until after the video...

Dakota enjoying the merry-go-round, just before she got dizzy and almost fell off. Oops!

Grandpa & Dakota watching the airplanes fly over.
This is what I used to do with my dad as a kid =)

Thank you dad for being the most wonderful Grandpa to your other little girl. When I found out I was having a girl, I really hoped she would be close to you! I could tell from very early on that she loved you unmeasurably. It makes my day to hear her say your name out of the blue or point out your picture and scream, "Ga-pa." I think the greatest thing about your relationship with Dakota is that you "get" her, and I know that's why she loves you so very much.

2 comments:

Bradshaw's Buzz said...

You gotta show me how to post videos - is there another way besides YouTube?

Sounds like another great trip.

Anonymous said...

I love it when you guys come to visit. Dakota is a special girl and I love her lots; she makes being a gapa fun. We understand each other and have fun together. Thanks for sharing her so much.