Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Dog Days of Summer, er Spring...

Omigosh, the weather has been so ridiculously hot these past few days. We got a little break from the heat today, which was nice! I don't think I could handle another day of temperatures above 95 degrees. Of course, it didn't phase Dakota one bit, since she was practically submerged in water the whole time.

I don't care how hot it is, there was NO way we were just going to sit inside and let the weather get the best of us. Kind of like that one saying, "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em!" Well, that's what we did! Anyway, while Dakota was living it up in the pool, I, of course, sat there with beads of sweat running down my forehead. I attempted to join her in the little pool, but just putting my feet in was an invasion of Dakota's space. Sheesh! Here she is "cooling off" on Monday:

She loves her Spongebob Sprinkler:


Do you think she was bothered by the wedgie?? lol


Dakota of course can never sit still for more than 2.5 nano seconds, so she decided to start pacing the driveway. After watching her go back and forth approximately 30 times, I figured that would get me a solid 2 hours of quiet time once she conked out for a nap. That's when I decided to bust out the bubbles. It's pretty much the only thing that I can do to get her to stand in one place. Some cute pictures:

Oh yea, let the hypnotizing begin:

She loves just standing there as I blow them in her face:

The next day was probably the hottest of all days. I think it was HOLY 101 degrees. Once again, we headed outside for some fun in the scorching sun. Luckily our driveway is shaded, so there was no need for sunscreen. God knows that kid needs SPF 100 for her pasty skin. However, I do have to say that she is sporting a bit of the signature California tan. I noticed it the other day when I was changing her diaper. Yep, her back is now a dark casper white in contrast to her luminescent white booty. Hehe. I also bought a new pool, which has a built in sprinkler. It was the coolest thing Dakota had ever seen. Here's the bronzed beauty in all her glory, lol:


Don't mind the peanut butter and jelly face!

0 comments: