Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Missing my dad!!

I got a call from my dad today. For those of you who don't know, he's currently on the other side of the planet enjoying a three month world cruise. So, needless to say it was SO nice to hear from him. We email each other just about every day, but it's still nice to hear his voice. He's currently sailing through pirate territory, which makes me a little uneasy. He assured me that they are safe and have convoys nearby. It's still a little unsettling. I'll be so much happier when he's back home and get to visit him in Vegas. It's going to be hot, but I'm pretty sure we'll be spending most of our time in his pool with our little fish.

I'm determined to have Dakota relatively water safe by the end of summer. We'll obviously always watch her around water, but I want her completely comfortable in the water and learn some of the basics. She can already float on her back with her hands/arms behind her head, with minimal assistance. Her favorite, or course, is blowing bubbles in the water. My dad was the one that suggested that. I thought it was too early, but nope, she got it!!

Speaking of getting things, Dakota finally got the concept of going down a slide (the right way) by herself. As most of you all know and/or saw, she knows how to turn herself backwards and go down the slide on her tummy, but until recently had yet to master the conventional sliding position. lol. We just bought this new slide off of Craigslist. It was brand new in the box, and 1/2 off the retail price. I was so ecstatic to find such a good deal! Anyway, here's Dakota's newest achievement. She is so proud of herself:


Dakota has also learned to stomp her feet like she's marching. It's so funny and she'll giggle if we do it with her. She has also started to give the biggest, most loving hugs when we ask. She's still a little shy and will only give them to a handful of people. She has been giving them out like candy to her bestest buddy Brayden for quite some time; she just recently started extending them to others. Here is my favorite video of Dakota giving a hug, which of course was given to Brayden:


Onto other exciting news, at least I consider it to be; Kevin was offered a branch manager position in Great Falls, Montana. How cool is that? I'm so proud of him for moving up so fast in his company and for being offered such an amazing opportunity. What's so cool about it is that we have always talked about moving up there, but it's something we've really only considered doing once retired. The other cool thing about it is that Kevin's dad lives up there. So we wouldn't totally be alone. Hmmmm...

We've also transformed 1/2 of our garage into Dakota's play area. It was meant to be Kevin's "man cave," but of course Dakota insisted on putting most of her toys out there. Ok, maybe mommy had a little bit to do with that. It's cute when they hang out there together though. Kevin gets to watch his movies while Dakota runs wild, it's a win-win! Now if they'd only let me join 'em.

0 comments: