Tuesday, May 5, 2009

GO Green!!!

Green IS Good!!

I know, Earth Day was a few weeks ago, but I just had to post this since Dakota did her bit in helping to save the environment today. I do admit, we're probably not the greenest family in America, but we do our fair share of greenery in this household. And to name a few...

-All appliances are energy-efficient.

-Our bills are now paperless, and we pay our bills online. Ok, who doesn't these days?

-We've changed over to the swirly light bulbs. CFL bulbs if you will.

-We try to keep the temp at a frigid 68 degrees during the winter. Hey, that's cold in Heather's world!

-As for the summer, it's usually at a blazing 80 degrees in this house. We're thinking of having sauna parties this summer. Anyone interested? lol

-And although we usually opt for plastic bags at the grocery store, those same bags are used as trash bags in the kitchen and bathrooms.

-We pick up trash on walks, as well as during our visits to the park

-And lastly, we recycle cans, bottles, and paper.

Here's our green child doing her part to save the earth...
.


3 comments:

Bradshaw's Buzz said...

OMG 80 degrees in the summer and 68 in the winter. wow - impressed that's drastic. I love the pictures/video of Dakota helping Mother Earth. You're doing a great job momma!!

Heather said...

It's not always at 80 degrees, since Kev can't function above 75...lol. But I try my best to keep it at that when I'm home. The thermostat is upstairs, so obviously it's MUCH hotter up there. We just stay downstairs most of the time, since it's cooler. As for 68, I just pile on the clothes, but sometimes I just can't stand it and have to turn it on.

Roger said...

She's drinking Monsters already!!! Look out!!! LOL. She's so adorable!