Monday, August 24, 2009

18 month wellcheck...

At the doctor's office, hacking into their computer...lol

Well, we had another great doctor's appointment!! Definitely no complaints from either side. As for the results:


Weight: 21.4 lbs (9th percentile)
Height: 33.5 in (90th percentile)
Head: 18.5 in (I have no idea...lol)

Can you believe Dakota had a 2 1/2 inch growth spurt? I can't!! Who grows 2 1/2 inches in three months? Ya, she's still my little itty bitty when it comes to weight, but she has always been little. I should have known she would always be tiny considering she was born 6.6 lbs and I was actually late with her.

The doctor was happy with her eating habits. I told her that she'll eat pretty much anything, but just not a lot of it. She was shocked that she is such a fish lover, but thought it was great since kids need a lot of protein, as well as the "good" fats in their diet. Salmon is definitely filled with both! She suggested putting ricotta and cottage cheese in with her pastas, since she likes those as well.

The doctor was also pleased with Dakota's vocabulary and signs. Although, I didn't really think she signed that much, but okay. Dakota has also picked up a few new words in the last few days, including waterfall and monkey!

The last part of the visit was bittersweet. Unfortunately, Dakota had to get two shots, including the flu shot and HIB. However, Dakota got sweet revenge. Very sweet indeed. Dakota decided that she wouldn't be the only one getting poked by something sharp today. You see, Dakota was armed with a pen that she found laying on the desk next to us, which I had just signed a consent form with. Well, she grabbed that pen and held onto it. Even when I held her arms down by her side while the nurse administered the shots. We didn't want an accidental poke! I think Dakota knew something was up. Well, after the nurse was through, I let go of Dakota's arms and all I saw were arms flailing in front of me as Dakota went into a rage. I mean, she was mad!!!! During her little toddler rage, down came her arm, pen and all, right into the nurses forearm. Yep, Dakota stabbed the nurse. I couldn't help but belt out a laugh. Even the nurse was laughing, since it really didn't leave much more than an ink mark. I think Dakota felt better knowing she inflicted some pain.

2 comments:

Nichole said...

The HIB vac??? Errr. That is a jealously err. I have been told since about a year ago that there is a national shortage of the HIB vac. *pouts*

Heather said...

Funny you should mention that. I had no idea there was a national shortage until we were at the doctor's office. She did mention that the just got a shipment in or something to that effect. Hopefully, your doctor's office will get it in soon. I read an article (after you mentioned this) and the CDC projected a supply increase in mid 2009. So maybe soon??