Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Disneyland, round 2...

th
~Gotta love the cheek!~

This particular visit was so much fun because Dakota kinda knew what to expect, and she almost lost her mind when she saw Mickey and Minnie. We didn't see them during our first visit, so that's what made this visit extra special. Dakota's favorite cartoon is the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, and she loves to scream out, "oooh tooodles" whenever they need a mousekatool. So, you can only imagine her excitement when she got to meet the star of her favorite show...

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

So, once again, after all the hugs, kisses, and high fives, we hit the park for some more fun on the rides. This time, we hit up Autopia and the Rockets first. I was amazed to find no line for either ride. I guess going on a weekday helps. It also helps when the temperature is 102 degrees. It was so ridiculously hot. Apparently most people opted to stay home in the air conditioning. Good for us I guess, since we got on every ride with no more than a 5 minute wait. Although, we drank like camels!

Watch out, Dakota's behind the wheel!
I really hope this isn't a glimpse into the future...sigh!
Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket

Dakota LOVED the rockets. I think the centrifugal force got the butterflies in the tummy going!
Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket

After a much needed water break, we headed over to Fantasyland so she could ride the carousel again. We then headed over to Adventureland to take a ride on the jungle cruise. She really liked seeing all the animals and would point out every single last one of them to me, which of course went with her "Ooooo" face. I think some of you know what I'm talking about. Her favorite was the elephants, which I'm pretty sure she's partial to since she has about 8 stuffed elephants at home. How she got so many of the same animal is still a mystery to me.

Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Pointing out the elephants on the jungle cruise...
Photobucket Photobucket

A few more pictures of Dakota with her buddies...
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

3 comments:

Nichole said...

Funny how just about ever Southern Californian with a toddler buys a pass at some point. We had one until Carly was two. Pointers: Bring PLAIN sandwiches... get condiments from the various places to eat. Bring in water bottles and refill whenever possible. Since you have a pass, whenever parades are going on...hit up the most popular rides (ie. Dumbo). Dedicate a couple of visits to just shows and parades. As I think of more, I will share.

Heather said...

That's a WONDERFUL idea Niki. And you're right, how could I not get a pass when Dakota still gets in free!! Not sure what we'll do when she's no longer free. Maybe go back to once or twice a year, unless someone wants to buy me another pass. lol. I'm all about bringing the lunches and water bottlesthough. Because their prices are unbelievable.

Summer said...

I don't know what to be more jealous about, another D-land excursion, that Dakota will approach the characters, or that you are still wearing shorts!! It was 43 degrees here today and I think the next time I want my kids to all ride on the carousel (still my absolute favorite) I will have to mortgage the house. Love the pics, and as per usual your layout on blogspot is amazing. (must be the scrapbooking) Much love Super mom!!