Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Happiest Place on Earth...

...and nope, I'm not talking about Disneyland (that post will be coming soon)! I'm talking about this place....

Photobucket

This time next week, we'll be enjoying some fun in the sun at one of the greatest hotels on the island of Maui, the Grand Wailea. This hotel is truly amazing, and I'm obviously speaking from experience. Kevin and I stayed there back in 2005 and we fell in love with the hotel. I've stayed at several other hotels in Hawaii, and this place is hands down my favorite. What's so special about it you ask? The POOLS!!! It's like a waterpark. They have 10 pools that are connected by small waterslides, a rapid slide, and a winding, slow moving river, There's also a Tarzan pool with rope swing, a sand beach pool for little tykes, a bunch of waterfalls, caves, and grottos, and of course a swim-up bar!! Oh I CAN'T WAIT!!

We'll also be traveling to Hawaii in first class, thanks to my dad! Thank you Dad! Dakota will once again be sitting on our laps, but this time we have an extra person to help out with our little wiggle worm. Yep, my dad's coming with!! I'm so excited because it has been so long since I've taken a vacation with him, and he was the one I used to go to Hawaii with all the time as a teenager. It will be super nice for Dakota to get some grandpa time in too!! She just loves him to death.

Anyway, I really can't wait! I know Dakota is gonna have a great time too, especially since this place is a water lover's dream! We'll be staying there for 9 days, so obviously I won't be blogging for awhile. Although, I haven't done a very good job at keeping this thing updated lately anyways.

So, here are some fun pictures from our trip back in 2005, starting with my most favorite, and silliest picture...

Photobucket

Having fun at the Tarzan Pool...
Photobucket Photobucket

This shot is so pretty.
You can see the baby beach pool in the background
Photobucket

Picture taken at sunset while at a Luau...
Photobucket

Enjoying a Hawaiian treat...shaved ice!
Photobucket

Being silly during a night swim...
Photobucket Photobucket

I wish I had more pictures of the pool and waterslides, but those weren't saved to a disk since they were taken on a disposable underwater camera. This year I'll have pictures to show for though. =)

1 comments:

Bradshaw's Buzz said...

How awesome. Will your dad adopt me? I'm easy to please and he doesn't even have to worry about feeding me :D

I hope you have a great time - as I know you will!!! Can't wait to see pictures of this trip!