Friday, October 9, 2009

Our little pumpkin...

Photobucket

I just had to share my all time favorite picture of Dakota, which of course was taken last year. Yes, there are many "favorites," but I think this one makes the cut as my actual favorite. Plus, it fits perfectly for this posting! I seriously got lucky with that picture. The light was just right, and Dakota was actually looking at the camera. You'd think the girl is a total ham for the camera, but she's not. She usually runs the other direction when she sees it in my hand. Bummer for me, but I have some tricks that occasionally work.

Anyway, we made our way to the pumpkin patch today. Unfortunately, we missed a playdate yesterday, which was actually suppose to meet at this pumpkin patch, but Dakota had signs of an impending cold and was SUPER cranky. So, I thought it would be best to skip the playdate and save everyone a headache, and of course a possible cold. She still wasn't 100% today, but it looked like she needed to get out of the house.

She had a great time running all over the pumpkin patch and banging on all the jack-o-lanterns like they were drums. Trying to get her to sit or stand by a pumpkin was nearly impossible. She knew what I wanted her to do, so the stubborn mule ran for the hills. Eventually, I got her to sit down for a nano-second so I could take a few cute pictures....

Photobucket

Uhhhh, mom, they all look the same!!
Photobucket

Had to get a picture with my girl! =)Photobucket

After I chased Dakota all through the pumpkin patch, we made our way over to the haystack horsies. Dakota kept trying to giddyup on her pony, but of course it got her nowhere. So, I decided to take her over to the real ponies, since she loves them. You'll always find a smile beaming across her sweet, innocent face when riding on one.

Photobucket

She liked the real pony much better!
Photobucket

It was a great visit to the pumpkin patch, and I know Dakota really enjoyed herself. She actually loved standing behind those big sheets of plywood and sticking her head through the hole so mommy could take some super cute pictures.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

And my favorite of the day!
Photobucket

1 comments:

Bradshaw's Buzz said...

Great pics! I think your next post should be your tricks to get a great shot of your mobile child who never looks at you or stays still!!