Saturday, November 28, 2009

Knott's Berry Farm...

...or as my dad always called it, Knotts Ferry Barn. Hehe!

Photobucket

Last week, we decided to make a trip to Knott's Berry Farm, since all veterans and their families get in free for the month of November!! I was so excited, since I just love Knotts. It's certainly no Disneyland, but to be fair, you really can't compare the two. They're just different!

Anyway, we had a pretty good time. Camp Snoopy was our first stop, which didn't go over too well. Dakota was out of sorts for whatever reason and flipped out when I put her on the airplane ride. It wasn't a ride that I could go on with her, so after I placed her in the cockpit and walked away, she completely lost her mind. I wanted to go back in to get her, but Daddy insisted that we leave her on the ride. He knew, as did I, that once the ride started she would be fine. Of course, she was and you could see her laughing the entire time. However, once the ride stopped, she went into total meltdown mode again. That's obviously not like her since she always has a great time on the rides at Disneyland. She was just having a bad day. So, we hit up a few other rides, but made sure they were ones we could go on with her.

Ummm, ya...NOT a happy camper!!Photobucket

Feeling MUCH better now that the ride is moving!
Photobucket Photobucket

After Camp Snoopy, we walked around a bit and checked out the craft booths they had set up for the holidays. We bought Dakota a tiny pink leather bracelet and had her name engraved in it. She actually saw them as we were walking by the booth and pointed at them. I think they reminded her of the bracelets she wore in Hawaii. So, I got her one. She LOVES it and insists on wearing it everyday. I love that it's tiny enough to stay on her little wrist.

Before we left, we made sure to take a ride on the train since she spotted it earlier in the day and cried when it didn't bother stopping for her as it passed by. lol. We also went on the log ride, which see seemed to like. The steep drop at the end had her clenching my thighs for dear life. I thought for sure I would be missing skin. It was a great day at Knotts and it's always a great place to spend the day with the family.

As we walked out to our car at the end of the day, we passed by some chickens. Yes, chickens!! Dakota started screaming and pointing like she always does, so we stopped and let her out of the stroller so she could start the harrassing. The chickens weren't too pleased, but whatev! We found some gram crackers in my purse, so we fed them a little bit. Dakota thought that was the greatest thing in the world. But then again, it doesn't take much to make her happy. She is one easy-going, happy kid!!!

Photobucket Photobucket

3 comments:

Nichole said...

Ya know, I really gotta stop reading your blog. Sigh.
1) makes me regret not getting ahold of you &
2) making me homesick.

I am happy that I can relive my own family memories of these places, through you :)

PS- I'm kidding, I will still read your blog. <3

Heather said...

Lol Niki. Well that makes me happy to hear. Like you, I wish we would have met up, but that will just make us work that much harder to meet up whenever we're close to the other. =)

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.