Friday, January 22, 2010

Forecast calls for partly cloudy skies...

Photobucket

How cute are those cloudy skies? I know it's a little cheesy, and probably a little silly that I'm so enthusiastic about it, but I've always looked forward to hanging Dakota's school crafts on our refrigerator. I admit the crafts will be overtaking our refrigerator a lot sooner than I once predicted, but give me a break, she's my first kid! LOL

Well, I'm not gonna go too much into her 2nd day of preschool, but she did have a lot of fun. She is doing really well with directions and listening to what I tell or ask of her while we're in class. She's also very good at doing what other kids do and/or what the teacher asks her to do (helping to clean up, placing her hands in her lap during storytime, waiting her turn, and sharing).

On this particular day, the kids made clouds to go along with the theme of the day. I must say, Dakota did really well making the clouds on her own. I gave her minimal verbal direction and she did the rest. Ok, maybe I put those last two cotton balls on as she frantically scrubbed her hands with a wipe to get all the glue and fuzz off her hands.

Photobucket Photobucket

Last week it was the kitchen, this week she was all about the cars...
Photobucket Photobucket

In the car...
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

3 comments:

Bradshaw's Buzz said...

HOLY COW!! The pictures of her in her carseat (forward?) are SO incredibly different than pictures of her face upclose just a week ago :'( She's growing up into a GORGEOUS lil girl!

Heather said...

No, she's still rear-facing. I actually had her forward facing 1 day (BAD MOMMY) when we drove with Niki and Isabella to downtown Disney a week ago. We're thinking of turning her forward when she officially turns 2. It helps that she is almost 24 lbs now, YAY! I'm still having a hard time deciding because of the safety issue, but I guess I'll make that decision in a few weeks. Are you still turning Austin forward at 2 yrs old?

Bradshaw's Buzz said...

Austin was forward facing for a few days (ACK!) due to taking him to see Christmas lights the middle of December. We didn't get around to turning him around even though I was SO nervous. He felt SO exposed. So after 2 days we turned him back around. Lucky for us he didn't put up a fight. He's happy as long as he can look outside :) We'll be turning him around on his birthday (he's ~25 lbs)