Friday, March 5, 2010

Family Photos...

Photobucket

I have one word for my friend, Drew. Amazing! You're simply A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! What this friend did for me and my familly means more to me than I could ever express in words. I know some might think, "they're just photos," but they're so much more to me than that.

Ever since I met Drew I've admired her photography. How can you not?! Have you seen her pictures. They're phenomenal. SHE'S phenomenal! When she first told me she was a photographer, I figured she was just someone that liked to take lots of pictures of her adorable son with her fancy camera. Boy was I wrong! Drew, I'm so sorry I didn't give you more credit than that!!

Let me back up a little bit. I met Drew in August of 2008. We actually met at Gymboree when both Dakota and Brayden (yes, the same Brayden that I always rave about) were six months old. They were barely sitting, and I'm almost certain they weren't crawling. Something just clicked with us and we became friends, along with our other good friend Kathy (Kylan's mommy). Both Drew and Kathy have become really good friends of mine and we've shared some awesome times, and A LOT of crazy times! Watching our kids go from blobs to high-enery, rambunctious two year olds has created some incredible memories. And, some memories that I probably wouldn't have made it through without them!!

As I mentioned in a prior post, it was hard to say 'goodbye' to Gymboree a few months ago. Fortuntaly, we still make it a point to get the kids together several times a month. Brayden and Dakota are actually in the same preschool class, and Kylan will be joining the fun in April for the next session.

Drew, thank you again for these amazing pictures. The appreciation and gratitude that I have can never be summed up in words. But, just know that it was a HUGE honor to be the subject of one of your photo sessions. I kinda feel like a celebrity now, haha! And thank you for the much needed direction of picking out my clothes!! For those of you who don't know, I'm fashion retarded. I can totally dress my kid, and I'm pretty good at making Kevin look good, but I can't dress myself to save my life. I was so happy that she picked out the tanktop and sweater for me because it made me feel like a million bucks!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


Stay tuned for more pictures from this photo session. I'll be getting the rest in a few weeks, which I CANNOT wait for!!! There are also a few more pictures in a slideshow that Drew was so nice to make for us. Check them out...slideshow!!!

7 comments:

Nichole said...

I told you before, but I'll say it again... the pictures are amazing! I <3 them :)
On another note, LMAO... you called your child a blob. A blob!!!

Summer said...

The photos are Awesome, and thanks for updating!! I've missed your goings on. The backyard looks great and your letter to Dakota is so sweet. Glad you're back!!

Springmoon said...

First of all, I LOVELOVELOVE Dakota's dress! Such a little fashionista she is.

These photos are great. Gorgeous.

Heather said...

Awww Joanne, thank you!! I'm so happy to see you posting on the blog. I love seeing all the happenings with you and family. Miss Gabby is such a lucky girl ;)

Springmoon said...

I am a slacker. I added you to my feed list on my own blog so I can see when you update!

Heather said...

I've done the same thing. I'm just happy you're posting again. ;)

Mrs. B said...

I love your blog! So cheerful!

~ Beth